Do you love gardening? Many Britons find joy and peace in gardening. But not everyone shares the same passion. A fair portion of the population enjoys having an outdoor space but doesn’t want to look after a garden.
For homeowners who prefer to spend less time tending to their garden and more time enjoying them, there are several options available that can transform the outdoor spaces into low-maintenance, highly functional areas. Are you ready to wave goodbye to the lawn-mower and consider alternatives that are fun and less plant-heavy?
Let’s explore the benefits of options that create a hassle-free garden experience.
A swimming pool not only provides a refreshing escape during hot summer days but also reduces the need for extensive garden maintenance. The installation of a pool requires careful planning and construction, but once completed, it significantly minimises the effort needed to maintain a conventional garden.
Nevertheless, a pool also requires proper and regular maintenance and an automated cleaning system. However, you could enjoy your outdoor oasis without worrying about mowing, weeding, or watering.
The benefits of having a pool includes:
- Reduced garden maintenance as the pool takes up a significant portion of the outdoor space.
- Enhanced relaxation and entertainment. The pool can become a focal point for family gatherings, socialising, and relaxing.
- Increased property value. A well-designed swimming pool can boost the value of your property and attract potential buyers if you decide to sell in the future.
Building a deck and patio
Decks and patios offer versatile outdoor living spaces that require minimal maintenance. Constructed using durable material like composite decking or stone, these areas provide a perfect foundation for outdoor furniture, potted plants, and decorative elements. Additionally, you can always start with a small area and then add a deck extension once you’ve made up your mind. With proper sealing and occasional cleaning, decks and patios can withstand the elements and maintain their appeal for years to come.
The benefits of a deck or a patio are:
- Low-maintenance, as these areas don’t require extensive cleaning compared to the traditional garden. They are not self-cleaning though, so be prepared to eliminate debris and wash a few times a year.
- Extended living space. A deck or patio creates an outdoor extension of your home.
- Customisation options as structures can be designed to fit your specific needs, style, and space.
A garden office
With the rise of remote work, many homeowners now seek a dedicated workspace within their property. By transforming a section of the garden into an office, many remote workers can effectively (and physically) separate work from home life while enjoying the tranquillity of nature.
Some of the benefits of adding a garden office include:
- Improved work-life balance, which is essential for those who work directly from home. They can maintain a clear distinction between the workspace and the personal space.
- Increased productivity as the peaceful environment in the garden can improve focus and creativity.
- Connection with nature. Being surrounded by greenery can reduce stress and increase overall well-being, resulting in a more enjoyable work experience.
As you can see, these are some of the most popular alternatives to enhance your garden without requiring gardening gloves. There is more to the outdoor space than meets the eye, and if flowers and trees aren’t your things, you can explore these handy tips instead!