Every homeowner at some point decides to spruce up their home, particularly, if they haven’t done it in ages. And that’s for sure a great idea, however, if your budget is limited, then you need to think of something that’s not going to break the bank, yet that will upgrade your home.
And that’s precisely what table tops do. What I love about them is the fact that they are cost-effective, yet a perfect way to jazz things up a bit. In these instances, people are not sure whether they should opt for an acrylic or glass tabletop protector because both of them seem like a good choice.
If you’re also unsure what to select when it comes to this, then I would advise you to cast your eyes on this informative guide because it will provide you with all the relevant facts regarding these materials. So let’s check them out together!
Let’s Discuss Acrylic Table Tops
Generally speaking, these tabletop protectors are made from clear plastic. Its appearance is something that instantly catches your eye, however, what you may dislike about it is the fact that they are not so easy to clean.
On the other hand, what you will love about it is the fact that it can be used for a variety of different furniture, mostly for patio, coffee, and dining room tables. In case you didn’t know, you can also stumble upon acrylic table tops that are intended for the outdoors.
People generally use them for decks, patios, and poolside regions. Now, if you would like to opt for something that’s going to accentuate the beauty of your table and simultaneously safeguard it from various detrimental things, then I would advise you to consider clear protectors that can be cut to size so they do not ruin the appearance of your table. Even though these protectors are very durable, I wouldn’t advise you to expose them to the sunlight or to generally use them outside.
How come? Well, that’s because they can easily be destroyed by moisture, along with UV rays. However, if you would still love to put them outside, then the least you can do is obtain a bigger size.
The Advantages Of Acrylic Table Top Protectors
I assume that like every other homeowner, you want to acquire the best things for your house, hence I’ll provide you with some details that will help you decide if you should choose this material or not.
- Shatter resistant – What you’ll love about this plastic is the fact that it cannot be shattered easily. So what does it mean? It means that if by any chance you hit the table or drop something on it, it’s highly unlikely that it’s going to break, unlike the glass tabletop protector.
- It’s not expensive – If you’re looking to skimp on costs, then you should definitely opt for this material because when compared with glass table tops, this one is much more cost-effective.
- It is very light – Acrylic materials are generally utilized to make different sorts of furniture. If you need something that’s relatively light that will allow you to easily move your table around, then I would advise you to purchase this material.
- Very resistant – Since I’m a very clumsy person and I tend to spill things all over the furniture, I am always searching for things that are generally very resistant and durable and that cannot be stained easily. And that’s precisely what this material is. It’s generally resistant to stains and scratches, meaning it will serve you for many, many years.
- Optical clarity and transparency – Acrylic table tops resemble glass table tops and are transparent. What I love about them is the fact that they perfectly blend with any piece of furniture, meaning that they are not going to alter the appearance of your furniture but will make it look even more stylish and pricier.
Moving On To Glass Table Top Protector
This material is normally utilized in various settings, not solely for houses but also for restaurants, hotels, offices, and many others. This material undoubtedly makes every setting very sophisticated and visually appealing, plus let’s not forget to accentuate the fact that it can easily be cleaned and maintained.
Furthermore, these tabletop protectors can be custom-made in order to fit any shape and size. Apart from that, they can be cut to any preferable thickness, which means that they are perfect for anyone who wants to have something that is eye-catching, yet very long-lasting.
Advantages Of Glass Table Tops
- Make An Illusion Of Your Space – If you want your room to look a lot more spacious and bigger than it generally is, then you will definitely be able to accomplish that with this material.
- Effectively Protects The Underlying Table – A lot of glass tabletop protectors are placed over wood or any other material that is perceived as fragile due to the fact that they are capable of safeguarding the underlying table from any buff and scratch. And that can be of huge help, especially if you have pets or smaller children.
- Creates an ambiance – If you would like to lighten up your room a little bit, then you should definitely opt for these table tops because they are known for making a breathtaking shimmer and sparkle when exposed to the sun. Your room will instantly become a lot brighter and open.
- Easy to clean – As I previously mentioned, unlike acrylic top protectors, these can easily be cleaned and maintained which is a great thing for anybody who doesn’t want to waste too much time on these chores.
- Different styling options – when it comes to this, there are a variety of different options to choose from. What’s worth mentioning is the fact that glass comes in various colors and thicknesses, as well as patterns and layering. So you’ll be able to quickly find something that will match the design of your home.
Based on these facts, we can conclude that generally speaking, both of these tabletop protectors come with pros and cons, but are overall great. Whatever you opt for, just be sure to purchase them from someone reputable.