Candelabras is a holder for candles that is generally decorated intricately and features a central stem from which a number of branches emanate. These branches function as the candle holder along with the central stick. Candelabras are usually made out of metals like silver, gold, copper or iron. Candelabras can also be made out of ceramics, glass material and crystals and are laden with intricate designs.
Candelabras can be used in many ways, both decorative and for cultural impacts. They can be used to amplify the mood of the room and work very well for decoration during special occasions. They also hold significance in Jewish and Christian cultures.
How to find a candelabra that is most suited to you
Obviously, not all candelabras are the same. There are many factors that go into a candelabrum that suits your liking and fits in the environment. The factors include:
• Candelabras provide ambience to the house but it’s important to position it correctly for it to look good.
•The size is also an integral factor when looking for candelabras. A candelabrum that is too big would outweigh the surroundings and one that is too small will not give off enough light. That is why candelabras must be selected with the thought of its size and environment in mind.
• Background is very crucial while placing candelabras. The decoration and the design should be able to match the surroundings. While some environments may tend to have more plain and smooth candelabra, another environment can fit well with an intricately designed candelabrum.
• The material of the candelabrum should also be paid attention to for the longevity of the candelabrum. If it is being used as a permanent decoration, it is better if consists more of silver or metal.
Significance of a Jewish Silver Candelabra
A Jewish Silver Candelabra has many significant uses based on the place and the purpose it is being used in.
• Religious Significance: In some religions like Judaism and Christianity, these have an important role as they can act as symbols, and play roles in rituals and ceremonies. For example, In Judaism, a Seven-Branched candelabrum called Menorah is used as a symbol of the nation of Israel and is also used in ceremonies like Hanukkah
• Historical Significance: Candelabras are also historically significant and have been passed down in many families as family heirlooms. Some are also considered antiques and kept safe as a symbol of the past
• Cultural Significance: Candelabras also have cultural significance as they can be associated with a particular culture and have a specific use in that particular culture
Places where candelabras can be used
Candelabras’ main purpose is to raise the ambience of the environment and increase its beauty. Thus it can be used in many places and on many occasions, including:
•For Wedding and anniversary
• Restaurants and hotels
• Museums and exhibitions
Candelabras add beauty and ambience to the home. They give a touch of nostalgia for retro times, with a tincture of modern panache.