The holidays are a time to gather with family and friends, exchange gifts, and celebrate together. Friends and family from afar may be forgotten this holiday season as the focus is on those close to you or those for whom distance makes it difficult to celebrate during other times of the year.
Amid all the shopping and party planning, it’s easy to forget those who have recently been overlooked by those they love. It’s also possible that your loved ones have been ignored due to their unique circumstances as well as the difficult struggle of making ends meet during the holidays.
In this article, we will discuss some options for gifts this holiday season.
After all, gifts are meant to be shared with everyone in your life, not just those who you can see or quickly get in touch with.
Gifts From The Heart
The heart is the most important gift this holiday season; love your friends and family members by spending time with them this holiday, sharing gifts at any time of the year, and reminding them how important they are to you.
Gifts Of Service
Many people struggle with costs this holiday season and may not afford gifts or ways to show their appreciation for those around them. There is no better way to remind someone you care than doing something nice for them without the expectation of repayment.
Here are some ideas for gifts of service:
- A meal cooked by you
- A marathon of their favourite show/series on DVD or Blu-ray
- A car wash
- An oil change and maintenance check-up at a local garage or car dealership
Gifts Of Love And Appreciation
Give love and appreciation to everyone in your life. For some, this may include a gift that they can open or wear.
Here are some ideas for gifts of love and appreciation:
- A handmade drawing or painting
- An original poem
- A necklace with their name on it
- Customized stationery with their favourite colours and imagery
Gifts Of Material Possession
If you are looking for gifts with more physical value, here are some ideas that will be useful this holiday season:
- A candle in their favourite scent or scents
- Art supplies they can use to create their art with
- Cooking utensils or dishware if the person you are giving it to enjoys cooking
- Books or movies that they may enjoy, visit lovebookonline.com for a unique gift!
- Customized recipes of their favourite meals with ingredients and instructions for preparation
Gifts Of Time And Attention
Gifts of time and attention are the best way to show someone you care, as it shows that you understand their needs and desires without having to ask.
Here are some ideas for gifts of time and attention:
- A customized playlist on Spotify with songs they enjoy
- A scrapbook with photos from your adventures together
- An hour of free babysitting so they can spend some time for themselves
- A personalized schedule of their favourite daily activities with you, from coffee dates to movie nights, from board games to hiking trips.
Gifts Of Affection
Affection is a way of expressing love and devotion without needing anything in return.
Here are some ideas for gifts of affection.
- A foot massage
- A neck or back rub
- Cuddling session on the couch together to watch something funny on TV
- Hugging for no reason at all other than showing your love and appreciation
Finding a stranger who needs some random act of kindness, like holding a door open for them or turning in an item they left behind at a restaurant or store, and anonymously giving it to them as a gift of appreciation.