Over the course of the past year and a half or so, parties have been off the table. Birthdays have been celebrated over zoom calls with participants in different places. Weddings have largely been called off or small, private events. Christmas and other cultural occasions had to be enjoyed from the comfort of our own homes. This has all been a result of the coronavirus and Covid-19 pandemic. As governments around the world put lockdown measures and social distancing guidelines in place to slow the spread of the virus, more and more of us found ourselves unable to celebrate and enjoy special occasions with our nearest and dearest. As vaccines are now being rolled out around the world, and as we look forward to spending more time with our loved ones, parties are slowly being reintroduced (within Covid guidelines) and are back on the cards. If you’re planning a celebration, you may want to make it a big one to make up for lost time. So, you may be considering entertainment options for your guests. Here are a few that could prove ideal!
Do You Need Entertainment?
First, ask yourself, do you need entertainment? This will largely depend on the scale and style of the event you’re holding. If you’re simply hosting a dinner party at your home, chances are, you don’t need entertainment options. Conversation will probably tide the night over nicely. But if entertainment is required, something as simple and straightforward as a card game or board game should suffice. If you’re holding a large-scale event though – perhaps a huge party, corporate event, wedding, or something else, entertainment will be expected and can help to keep your guests interested and happy.
There are countless forms of entertainment out there. The best will depend entirely on the type of party you are holding and the guests who will be there. Entertainment for a children’s party, for example, will largely differ from entertainment for a business conference. Here are just a few suggestions that might prove useful for you.
- Comedians – comedians can break the ice and get a laugh out of your guests. By choosing the funniest event speakers, you can really bring a smile to people’s faces.
- Musicians – just need some background noise to create an atmosphere and avoid awkward silence? Musicians can help with this. From jazz bands to pianists, there are a number of different types out there.
- Magicians – magicians can create a sense of intrigue at your event. Simple tricks can get people talking and bring people together in mutual experiences of awe.
- Clowns – entertaining kids? Clowns are often a good option. Not only are they funny, but many offer services such as balloon tricks. Just bear in mind some people could be scared of clowns, so it’s worth checking with your guests first.
- Dancers – holding an event in a club or bar? Dancers are a popular choice, keeping in time with the music and often wearing intriguing outfits.
- Fire breathers – want to make a real show? Fire breathers can add something a little different to your event. Just make sure they are fully trained in their craft and that the venue is suitable.
These are just a few suggestions, but hopefully, they get your imagination going! Entertainment options really can spruce up almost any event!