While many people mistakenly believe Botox is only for treating lines and wrinkles, there are some other surprising ways this cosmetic treatment can be used. Although 90% of Botox injections are given between the eyes or on the forehead, the other ten percent can be injected in unusual areas and for surprising reasons. With Botox, there are growing options for treatment.
What Is Botox?
Botox is a drug that is made from the Clostridium botulinum bacteria. It is used in small doses, to combat lines and wrinkles in the face. Botox Injections can also be used in other areas of the body. Before seeking Botox, it is imperative a person researches and understands what they can expect from the treatment.
Nine Surprising Ways Botox Can Be Used
Botox is being used in many ways, allowing for innovative treatments for multiple conditions. By being aware of how this drug can be used, individuals will know about their options and be better able to make sound decisions. The following are some unusual ways Botox can be used to treat people.
1. Botox has been used to successfully treat teeth grinding. When injected into the masseter muscle, Botox can combat muscle tension. This drug can be used to stop teeth grinding, headaches, and lockjaw.
2. This drug can also be injected into the lower eyelid, to open up the eyes and make them look larger. It can also be used to get rid of undereye lines and wrinkles.
3. Surprisingly, some doctors are using Botox to help their patients sculpt their calves. When used correctly, the calves can be sculpted beautifully, without causing any problems with muscle function.
4. Most people do not know that Botox is being used to help reshape the nose. Botox can be used on the columella, which causes the tip of the nose to become slightly upturned, without a person going through surgery.
5. The neck area is one of the first to begin to show signs of aging. To combat the lines and wrinkles on the neck, individuals can have Botox injections. These injections tighten the neck and make it look more youthful.
6. If a person has smoker lines around their mouth, these will make them look older. Botox can be injected around the lips, to help a person’s mouth look more youthful. This is a safe and effective way to transform the lips without surgery.
7. Botox can also be injected into the hands and feet, to treat hyperhidrosis, which is excessive sweating. With these injections, sweating can be greatly reduced in the hands and feet. Individuals can also have their foreheads treated.
8. Botox can also be used to help ensure a scar stays as small as possible. This drug can be injected around the scar, helping to prevent the muscles from pulling on it. With Botox, the scar will stay smaller and will hopefully fade.
9. Those who have a dimpled chin will find Botox helpful. It smooths out the wrinkles and makes the chin look much more youthful. Botox takes away the “raisin” look.
Botox Is Safe for Most People
Botox treatments are considered safe for most people. It is important the injections are carried out by a doctor, for the best results. With these injections, people can find relief from the above and many more conditions.
If you suffer from any of the above, Botox may be the answer. Botox treatments can last 3-4 months and can be administered again when the effects go away. Schedule an appointment for Botox, to get started.