If there is one thing that is becoming incredibly popular lately it’s outdoor living. We are spending more and more time in the great outdoors and less time at home, which is why so many houses are being built smaller these days. There are growing trends in our lifestyles and we are spending our leisure time outside more than ever – pandemic pending, of course!
There are plenty of options when it comes to spending time outside, but given the situation with the pandemic, creating a space outside of your home is turning into the best option for most people. From buying in wood from https://timbeck.com.au/ to adding new grass to the lawn, you can create a beautiful space that works for you and your family. A deck is one of the most popular ways that your family can spend time outdoors, and while there are plenty of options when it comes to building space outside, a deck is the most popular one for a reason. Below, we’ve got some of the best reasons behind your home needing a deck.
- A good host. You get to be the host with the most when you have an impressive, solid deck to enjoy with the whole family. It doesn’t even have to be a large decking area – you can have a table out there with barbecue and drinks served to all of your friends, and you can make your deck the perfect place that you can play host. With your friends, you can chill out in the sunshine and enjoy time spent chatting together.
- Getting outside. When the kids spill out into the garden and start rolling around on the grass, you can settle yourself on a beautiful deck and watch them play. A common reason for having a deck is in the sunshine: it’s a beautiful space to relax and you can snuggle under a blanket to watch the stars, or you can sunbathe and enjoy the warmth. It can make a big difference to have a deck at the back of the house and it encourages you to get outside.
- Bigger living space. A deck can make a great extension to the living room and you don’t even have to erect walls. You can throw the doors open every day and add more space, escaping the noise and chaos of the main house and taking in the peace of the outdoors. You can free up so much space if you have a deck on the side of the house, and you can even choose to have a deck that wraps around the whole house for extra space!
- You’re adding value. When you have an outdoor space to use and a deck built on it, this will give your home a unique selling point, adding value to the space and increasing the curb appeal at the same time. You can sell your house faster when you have an asset such as a deck, and the materials used will change the way your home looks, too.
- Maintenance made easy. As a deck is usually just wood, you can easily maintain it, and it doesn’t take long. Sweeping it regularly from leaves and weeds and then following it up with hot soapy water and a bristle brush will help to keep it clean and maintained.