When you’re a Mum or Mom, finding the right wardrobe look is not always easy. If you’re breastfeeding, you have to accommodate the need for easy access. You need to have the right colours that suit your style as a mother and as a woman, but that isn’t always easy when you have a baby to feed and a toddler to wrestle. It’s so much harder to wear outfits that accommodate your style when you are chasing kids around, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t look great, right?
There are plenty of elements that are required for a great wardrobe, and you need to feel confident and comfortable in all that you choose to wear. So, let’s take a look at the building blocks of a perfect Mom wardrobe!
- Outerwear. As a Mom, you’ve got to layer as much as possible when you’re out. Not only is this going to offer you a little extra comfort on the go, you don’t have to worry about your clothes riding up when you’re playing! You want your clothes to stay in place, and layers can help.
- Shirts. Button-down shirts can look extra stylish when teamed with skinny jeans and boots, but when you pair a camisole beneath yours you can add extra layers while giving yourself easy access for a breastfeeding baby! You can search by colors for the best dresses, but you can do the same with shirts. Go for checks or stripes to give your look some texture.
- T-Shirts. You will find that the t-shirt is a staple for a mom’s wardrobe, but that doesn’t mean that they have to be shapeless. Choose peplum details or a buy dressy tees that can give your confidence a boost!
- Jeans. Mom’s like to stick to leggings for the most part: comfort is easy, right? But jeans offer an added oomph to most outfits. Find the style that works for you and buy a few in different colours to mix and match with other elements.
- Dresses. Search by colors for dresses that compliment your hair and skin tone, and you’ve won half the battle. Maxi dresses and shirt dresses are the best silhouette for new Moms, and they give you extra comfort while allowing you to remain super flexible with your movement and chasing the kids.
- Shoes. Mom’s need to have flat sneakers or ballet shoes for comfort but that doesn’t mean that they can’t have some heels to jazz up their going-out outfits! Find shoes that work without pinching your toes, you need to feel good, not feel uncomfortable.
There are so many ways that you can jazz up a mom’s wardrobe, and the best thing that you can do is find what works for you and your lifestyle and go from there. Your kids are going to put your fashion choices on the backburner for a while, but that doesn’t mean you can’t look cute while you rock motherhood! Make your choices good ones, and you’re going to be in the best position to feel fantastic!