We were sent the Pretty Pixels Eraser Maker Deluxe Set for purposes of review.
We were sent the Pretty Pixels Eraser Maker set to review. The kids have loved making cute erasers (or as I still call them rubbers) to give to their friends and also add to our own collection. It’s a fun craft and handy as it makes something useful that we always need. Take a look at our tutorial about how to make erasers using the Pretty Pixels Eraser Maker Set and to find out what we thought:
The Pretty Pixels Eraser Maker Deluxe SetPretty Pixels Eraser Maker Deluxe Set is available from the Entertainer (RRP £24.99) and all good toy shops.
The deluxe set includes: 1 Eraser Maker, 7 eraser colours 40 clear spacer pixels, 1 tweezers, 3 heart spacers, 16 design sheets, 2 blanket sheets, 1 storage tray and an instruction leaflet.
This set contains enough to make up to four large and eight medium erasers or sixteen medium erasers.
How to Make Erasers Using the Pretty Pixels Eraser Maker
- Choose your design or design your own eraser.
We decided to use the provided designs for our first attempts and then to make our own eraser designs once we’d got the idea.
2. Fold down the stand support.
3. Place your design sheet on the maker as shown.
4. Prepare the pixels you need.
5. Follow the design sheet and line up the correct coloured eraser and clear spacer pixels (tip, keep these on a bit of coloured paper in the storage tray so they’re easier to find).
The finished design- a unicorn!
6. Place the sizer and the wedge on top of the maker as shown.
7. While holding the maker tightly pull the design sheet out taking care not to upset the design.
8. Drop half a teaspoon of water on the surface of the eraser.
9. Close the lid until you hear a click sound.
10. Place maker in the microwave. Follow the Microwave wattage chart for exact time. Ours needed 1 min 50 sec. Leave for 3 minutes before removing from the microwave. Do not open the eraser maker.
11. Cool maker in a bowl of cold water for ten minutes.
12. Take maker out of bowl and dry.
13. Once dry, open up the Eraser Maker. Carefully remove the eraser and remove spacers.
14. Admire your finished eraser!
15. Test out your eraser. it not only looks so cute- it really works! Enjoy!
The Pretty Pixels Eraser maker is not suitable for under 3’s due to the small pieces. It is aimed at children 8 years plus. Isabelle is just 7 and enjoyed making erasers under my supervision. Caitlyn, 10 and Rebecca 12 enjoyed making erasers on their own with supervision while using the microwave.
Making erasers is very fun and great for design and fine motor skills. It can also test your patience as a few times the kids accidentally nudged their designs and needed to redo their pixels. The best things come to those who are patient and wait!
We will continue to make Pretty Pixel Erasers (the design cards are great for young kids to begin simple cross stitch patterns too!) and will definitely purchase another set in the future (or buy refills if we can).
There are other sets available:
Mini Pack RRP £9.99
Starter Pack RRP £16.99
Deluxe Pack RRP £24.99
Would you or your child enjoy the Pretty Pixels Eraser Set? Which design do you like?