After the festive feasting at Christmastime, many of us look forward to embarking on a healthy diet during the New Year. There are many benefits to eating a balanced diet in addition to losing weight.
A healthy diet can also:
- make you look better- with clear skin and brighter eyes
- slow down the ageing process
- help you enjoy your food more
- lower your stress levels
- boost immunity and protect against diseases
- reduce the risk of heart disease and strokes
- lower blood pressure and cholesterol
- give you more energy
- make you feel happier
- help you avoid incontinence
- help you live longer
In addition to eating a balanced diet, an active lifestyle is also if benefit to your physical and mental health wellbeing. Whether you choose to walk more every day or join a gym you will see big improvements.
If you are overweight just losing 10% of your body weight will make a huge difference to your health and future. The encouraging part is many benefits can be felt almost immediately and you’ll soon be feeling happier in yourself.
Hartmann Direct have published a handy infographic to illustrate the dietary do’s and don’ts for the New Year and advice on how to avoid incontinence – take a look:
What changes will you be making in the new year?