As you know I live in a small town near the sea. I am always sharing photos of beaches, castles and woodland near where I live. Pembrokeshire is a tourist area and I love to showcase the beautiful rural views that you will see when you come to visit this coastal county. However, I am often asked questions, such as, what shops do you have near you? Where is the best place to eat with kids? Which bar would you recommend to go for a drink with friends and so on. I usually send off a long e-mail reply but have been thinking recently that it would be great (and useful) to blog more of these aspects too.
Fritha and Lori have just today launched a new linky called #styleinyourcity, which will be a perfect way for me to showcase the more urban side of my town, Milford Haven and my county of Pembrokeshire. Before you ask, no, you don’t have to live in a city to join in! Phew! I was so relieved to hear this as the closest city to me is St Davids with a population of under 2000 people!
In Lori’s words: “We want you to #StyleYourCity, to showcase the places you love, the coffee you drink, the fashion you wear, the street art you see, the people you meet, your finds for the home. We want to see your City/town/village through your eyes, we want to make a community which shares inspiration and creativity from all around and in turn, creates a cool directory of places to see and do.”
This weeks theme is The Place You Call Home so I have included photos from Milford Haven and Haverfordwest. These are old photos that I found of the more urban areas- I had to chop the photo of the street art due to swear words (why do people do that?!)! I can’t wait to take photos specifically for this linky. I make no secret of the fact that I usually go to Cardiff, Bristol and London for my real city fix, but here are some of the places that I will look forward to sharing with you in the next #styleyourcity posts.
- Coffee/lunch/drinks overlooking Milford Marina. There are now a couple of lovely places to choose from. I also love to explore The Gallery, Milford Museum and the shops down there.
- Lunch at the first Vegetarian Cafe to open in Milford Haven. I have been waiting for this news for years and now “The Walnut Cafe” has been born!
- Our great Torch Theatre, Cinema, Gallery and Cafe.
- Our library with the big boat seating.
- Sharing some gorgeous local shops full of trinkets, gifts, traditional sweets, shabby chic furniture and crafts.
- Shopping in Haverfordwest with the Castle always in the background.
- Despite being a small town and county, there is so much creativity. I love the yarn bombing, the markets, the festivals that are put on throughout the year and the buskers in the tunnels.
- There are so many surrounding towns that I can’t wait to share with you, Narberth (Giddy Aunts!) being one of my favourites.
- Music venues!
There will also be some gritty parts (like the swearing! 😉 ) and lots of boarded up shops in the high street but despite it not being perfect, this is the place I call home.
In Fritha’s words: “We would love it if you wanted to link up with ‘style in your city’. We are going to run this a bi-weekly feature and it would be amazing to see peeks of where you live! For this fortnight we are going with a theme of ‘the place I call home’and we’re hoping you might like to link up what your favourite thing about the place you live is.
You don’t even need to have a blog if you don’t want to, you can join in with our hashtag #styleinyourcity on IG or twitter. We’ll be picking our favourites to showcase on our blogs each fortnight too.”
I can’t wait to see everyone’s posts! If you live local to me which places do you think deserve a mention?