We are pleased to be Parragon Book Buddies and receive a new book to review every month.
We love re-reading our favourite books, but nothing can beat the excitement of a brand new shiny picture book being popped through our letterbox!
Three Little Dinosaurs is both written and illustrated by Charles Fuge- what a talented man!
From the front cover to the back, it is packed full of beautiful illustrations.
After having a very busy day at both the park and the beach, I bathed the kids and we settled down early evening, on the settee under a blanket to read this lovely book together.
The only problem was Izzy had taken a shine to it and wanted to read the book and look at the pictures all by herself.
Luckily for us, she eventually decided to share the book with us and listen to the story.
We loved it!
- There is opportunity for action (we loved pretending to fly at the same time as Scratch, Lofty and Smith did!)
- There is well written speech in the book (books are so much more fun when we can “put on voices”!)
- There are different font effects (we all love a “join in shouty” part of the story, don’t we?)
- There is counting (“Altogether now, one two, three…fly!“)
- There is onomatopoeia (“Whee! Whoosh! Zip!”)
- It is an easy story to make a story bag for (everyone has boxes of dinosaur toys in the playroom) and lends itself to lots of art and craft ideas (making dinosaur masks being one simple fun idea!)
and, after all the excitement in the story…
- There is a calm, relaxed ending to the story…which makes “Three Little Dinosaurs” a perfect bedtime story (“Then off to bed to dream…”)
Three Little Dinosaurs received a huge thumbs up from the Evans-Crittens!
Our next Parragon Book to review “The Adventures of the Owl and the Pussycat” arrived today…roll on bedtime!