In contrast to my Bonfire Night Childhood Memories celebrating with a “Homemade” Street Party; I now prefer to celebrate Bonfire Night with my family, at a Professional Organised Display.
I still keep certain elements of tradition, I make a Guy Fawkes with the kids as well as other crafts, such as fireworks and Bonfire Night pictures.
We always have hotdogs (with veggy sausages for me), attend the display over the road with family and friends, and then return home for the older kids to light their sparklers and finish off with a hot chocolate to warm us up.
One year we did light our own fireworks but it just wasn’t the same (and a bit pointless for us when we can see the Pro display from our own garden!).
Five Reasons Why I prefer a Professional Organised Fireworks Display:
- It’s cheaper! Fireworks can be very expensive but we can attend our local display for FREE (we do give a donation to charity but still save lots)
- The fireworks are BIGGER and BETTER (certain fireworks are only available to the Professionals)
- It’s better for the environment, wildlife and pets if there is just one big display in every town instead of lots of little ones.
- It’s safer (the majority of accidents happen at private parties and often a Fire Engine is present at the organised displays)
- It’s more social and entertaining (I couldn’t fit all the kid’s school friends into our garden for a private display, so it’s nice to see them at the public display, we love the entertainment and rides too!)
There are lots of organised Firework Displays all over the UK around 5th November.
Take a look at Bonfire Night Firework Displays in Pembrokeshire in 2021.
If you don’t live close enough to attend a Professional Display or just prefer a private party then always remember to follow The Firework Code.
Remember, Remember on the Fifth of November
To be safe and happy – don’t burn to an ember!