I can’t wait until June to go to Cybher™. If you’re not a Blogger and have never heard of Cybher™ before, it is basically a huge meet up of influential bloggers, speakers and brands and the chance for us all to “network, inspire, share and learn” together.
Why am I looking forward to going? Where do I start?
- It’s in London! I love an excuse to travel (over six hours!) to go to this wonderful, vibrant city.
- The setting: 8 Northumberland Avenue! Since it reopened in 2010 (after remaining closed for 70 years!) I have been dying to visit this stunning restored building. Think chandeliers and Victorian Grandness!
- The Speaker Bloggers! After, you’ve been blogging for a short amount of time there are certain respected and established Blogger names you are bound to hear and keep hearing! Siân To is one of them. Cybher™ is organised by Siân and she will be speaking at the event alongside Nickie O’Hara. It will be both strange (for me) and fascinating to put real life faces to their names instead of the Twitter Avators that I always associate with them!
- Meeting the Attending Bloggers. I can’t wait to meet other fellow bloggers like me! I hope I make lots of Blogger friends, so next time I’m commenting, tweeting or G Plus-ing with someone, I will have an idea of who they are really are in the real World too.
- Cocktails: I love Cocktails and I know the Collective Bias Cocktail party will be amazing. I can’t wait to meet the friendly, supportive team at Collective Bias.
So overall, I am beyond excited about this amazing event, but I have to admit I am also feeling really nervous. I’m going to the event On. My. Own. I don’t know anyone well enough to arrange to meet up with or stay with. I have only been to one blogging event before, but I had my sister with me for moral support. This also meant that I did not have to reach outside of my comfort zone and actually Talk. To. Other. People. I have to admit that I felt unnerved once I was in front of real life bloggers, while some I recognised straight away, others I couldn’t put a name to their face, but I realised that I might have interacted with them in the past on line. Whose Blogs did I know already? Which bloggers (if any) had ever read my blog or maybe tweeted me in the past?
I shouldn’t have worried. All the people that I did talk to were really lovely. But, as impressive as I expect the toilets will be at 8 Northumberland Avenue, I really hope that I don’t bottle it and end up hiding in them all day!
So, I have realised that I need to Prepare for Cybher in two ways:
1. I have started finding out who else will be attending Cybher and hopefully I will even find some other lonely soul who is travelling on their own and needs a friend too!
2. I have also started to plan my style and outfit for the day, as feeling comfortable and good about myself on the day will (hopefully!) increase my confidence.
A New Look for Cybher™
That is why, at the weekend, I set off on a #cbias shop to Boots with an aim of finding a new look for Cybher. I made a Google Plus Album of my shopping trip to Boots.
As part of my “new look”, I wanted to sort my hair, skin, eyebrows and nails out.
Hair for Cybher™
For my hair, I wanted a new colour. I chose this Schwarzkopf Live Color XXL in Violet Berry Burst.
Once home, I realised that it suggested you should use two packs of this colourant if your hair is below chin length.
It “shook” up to a lovely, easy to apply foam.
Once applied, it did not drip like other colourants I have used and my hair styled easily into a roll style and stayed in place until it was time to rinse off the hair dye. The dye that I accidentally got onto my ear came off easily with a baby wipe.
My eyebrows were crying out for a new look though!
After the recommended time, I rinsed off the hair dye and used the “Caring Shine Conditioner”. This smelt lovely and made my hair feel really nice.
Next I applied the “Peel Off Passion” face mask sachet that I popped into my basket at Boots. One or two nights before Cybher, I will hopefully have time to treat myself to a face mask, pluck my eyebrows and do my nails ready for the main event!
This smelt very fruity and healthy, packed full of goodness for my skin!
Once the time was up, it peeled off very satisfyingly and my skin felt great after. It looked brighter and clearer.
After a soak in the bath, I applied my new Rimmel EyeBrow Pencil to mark out the preferred shape of my eyebrows. I then plucked any stray hairs underneath the brow, to give a tidier look. I have been lazy with my eyebrows lately, but it really makes a huge improvement to the overall look. Eyebrows frame your face and can make your eyes stand out and look bigger.
I have not worn nail polish since New Years Eve and my nails really needed a manicure. I gave them a mini one at home. I soaked my nails in water and olive oil.
I used sugar to exfoliate my hands. I then applied hand cream all over.
I dabbed a little bit of olive oil onto each nail and used the manicure sticks to press back my cuticles.
I filed my nails.
I then used my new Boots Manicure Block to Buff and Shine my nails.
I applied Rimmel Base Coat.
I chose 17 Magnetized Nail Polish in Silver, as to me Silver is modern and futuristic, like Cybher. I will use this Pink Nail Polish for my toe nails for Cybher.
I applied the Silver Magnetized Nail Polish. I hovered the magnet over each nail to create a wave pattern.
I then used the Barry M Pink Nail Art Pen to create some fun nail art. I just wanted to experiment and find out how easy it was to use. The nail pen was really easy to use, You can write or draw simple shapes and patterns with the pen. I wrote “I ♥ Cybher”.
I also did a polka dot pattern on my free nails and I really liked this simple look.
I have decided that Polka Dot Nails will be my new look nails for Cybher!
Girly Cheers to Pink Polka Dot Nails!
Make sure you let each coat of nail polish dry thoroughly before adding the next coat or using the pen. I also practised using the pen before I applied it onto my nails.
I had lots of fun using this nail pen and I’m sure my girls will enjoy using it too. I want to get all the colours now. Maybe I should try Pink Nails with a White Nail Art Pen for a true Cybher logo?
I love my nails and I’m sure I will love Cybher! Wish me luck!
Now, what am I going to wear? …